The present barn at Littlebourne dates from circa.1340 and stands on land owned at that time by St Augustine’s Abbey in Canterbury.
Having been in continuous agricultural use from its’ earliest beginnings until the 1960’s, the Barn and some surrounding land was acquired by Canterbury City Council in 1991 in order to preserve the building and to make it available to the public.
The Barn is open during the Heritage National Open Days and at various other times during the year. The local committee also organise events, Art shows and Craft Fairs, and can arrange for the hire of the Barn for charitable or non profit-making activities.
Programme of events
Past Events - photos etc.